Converting an Object Detection dataset to a Classification Dataset using Roboflow's "Isolate Objects" Advanced Pre-Processing feature.
Have some data in a Roboflow object detection project that you want to use in a classification project? Here's how:
- Generate a dataset in the source project with the Isolate Objects preprocessing step, but no augmentation options, selected.
- This will create crops of all the bounding boxes from the project's dataset for a classifier to be trained on
- Export the data from that version using the OpenAI Clip Classification method (see screenshot) and download to your local machine.
- Unzip the downloaded data, create a Roboflow classification project, and upload the unzipped folder of images to it
- Review the data, generate a new dataset, and train!