- "When evaluating an object detection model in computer vision, mean average precision is the most commonly cited metric for assessing performance."
- A measure of how precise a model is at prediction time. True positives are divided by all positives that have been guessed.
- A measure of performance for a prediction system. Recall is used to assess whether a prediction system is guessing enough. True positives are divided by all possible true positives.
- An attempt by a model to replicate the ground truth. A prediction usually contains a confidence value for each class.
Annotating Images for Object Detection
Seven Tips for Labeling Images for Computer Vision (Roboflow Blog)
The Difference Between Missing and Null Annotations (Roboflow Blog)
- Formats available for importing and exporting on Roboflow
Key Tools for Dataset Quality Control
This old machine learning adage conveys a salient machine learning point: unless input data is of high quality, model accuracy — even with the best computer vision architectures — will suffer. Understanding what preprocessing and augmentation are at their core enables data scientists to get the most out of their input data.
Preprocessing steps are image changes that are done to all images, like resizing or converting to grayscale. Preprocessing steps will be applied to training, validation, and testing sets.
Image augmentation steps are image changes designed only to increase dataset size for better performance, like randomly altering brightness or rotation. Image augmentation steps will be applied only to training images.
level augmentation generates new training data by only altering the content of a source image’s bounding boxes. In doing so, developers have greater control over creating training data that is more suitable to their problem’s conditions.
Learning Data Augmentation Strategies for Object Detection - Google Research Team (2019)
One-Click Model Training (Roboflow Train)Introduction (Video)
- AWS & Azure Custom Vision require Third-Party keys to be entered into your project's workspace. These access points must be set up on your target AWS or Azure account to enable integration with Roboflow.
Zero Shot Object Tracking
Model Production Tips
- What will our model experience "in the wild…?"
Augmentations for Aerial Datasets (Roboflow's Blog)
A Primer on Transfer Learning (Roboflow's Blog)