How to successfully upload your images, or videos, into Roboflow.
Data can currently be added to Object Detection, Single-Label Classification, Multi-Label Classification, and Instance Segmentation projects. For interest adding data for other project types requesting early access is highly encouraged.
What data can I upload?
Roboflow can ingest:
- Various image formats, including JPG, PNG, and BMP.
- Video formats, including MOV, MP4, and AVI.
- Various object detection, classification and segmentation annotation formats, including JSON, XML, CSV, and TXT.
Roboflow's Dataset Ownership Policy: Who owns my data?
- We strongly believe that your images and videos are yours. That's why, when you upload those, your photos and your videos remain yours -- we do not own them. (You can check out additional details in our terms of service, item 22B.)
How can I add data?
You can add data to your Roboflow account by:
- Using the Web User Interface (Recommended) - Uploading Object Detection and Instance Segmentation Datasets || Uploading Classification Datasets
- Using our API - Obtaining Your API Key
- Forking/downloading a publicly available image dataset from Roboflow Universe.
Uploading images with existing annotations:
Roboflow ingests over 25 different annotation formats for computer vision.
After import, Roboflow can convert (export) annotated datasets in over 20 annotation formats.
More on: Workspaces, Projects, and Versions
- includes: how Workspaces, Projects, and dataset/project Versions work on Roboflow, and notes on when each project type is useful (Object Detection, Classification, Segmentation, Keypoint).
- How it works: making sense of the User Interface (UI) and Shortcut Keys